Aug 19, 2008

Our weekend adventure-first ferry ride!

This weekend my husband and I decided to do something we have never done before. We all went on our first ferry. We drove 1.5 hours to Anacortes and took a ferry to the San Juan Islands. The girls loved riding on a ferry. They really wanted to see whales. No whales, but we did see some neat birds, seals, and sea otters. 

Once we docked at Friday Harbor we drove over to Roche Harbor and spent the day there. We swam and played all day with the girls. We met friends over there that have a boat and sailed there and were staying for the week. It was so much fun. 

The island used to be a mining town and we were able to go and see the look out towers. We were even able to go into a mining shaft. Well not to far in but far enough for us. It was a grand day. 

We did take pictures with my husband camera but now we can not get them to download off the camera. I don't like that. When he can get them to come off I will post some pictures.  :))

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Sounds wonderful! I know when we lived in that area it was great fun to go on the ferry!! You do live in a very beautiful area!