Nov 4, 2008

History in the making!

First let me start this post by saying I am not a Democrat or a Republican. I have voted for different parties and that will probably not change in the future. Putting all politics aside, I am proud that my girls can see history in the making. I have included some verses that I found in the Bible about leadership.
Without wise leadership, a nation falls; with many counselors, there is safety. Proverbs 11:14 

Leadership gains authority and respect when the voiceless poor are treated fairly. Proverbs 29:14 

Good leaders abhor wrongdoing of all kinds; sound leadership has a moral foundation. Proverbs 16:12

A leader of good judgment gives stability. Proverbs 29:4 

It's the men who walk straight who will settle this land, the women with integrity who will last here. Proverbs 2:21

When good people run things, everyone is glad.” Proverbs 29:2 

1I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.  3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 1 Timothy 2:1-3

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I feel exactly as you do. I am not a member of either of the two major parties but was thankful my children could see this historical event.

I'm not sure there could have been a better election for us to study! :o)